Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Re: Symphony In Flat Six conducted by Jeff Zwart
Roger987 - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 10:09:19 am
Fun.

I wonder if Porsche offers any type of exhaust system to create that popping sound on downshifts/deceleration. That would be terrific on, let's say, a GT silver 981S. winking smiley
smiling bouncing smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 12:40:56 pm
Roger987
Fun.

I wonder if Porsche offers any type of exhaust system to create that popping sound on downshifts/deceleration. That would be terrific on, let's say, a GT silver 981S. winking smiley

Actually, I believe the pop/bubble is programmed in, according to what the mechanic told me, PSE just enhances the sound. cool smiley

Just surviving on pictures and videos for the next few months.
Re: smiling bouncing smiley
Roger987 - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 1:25:37 pm
Wish you hadn't told me that, because now I'm wondering whether it could be programmed into my 987. Aaargghhh..

Only 4 more months to go. Currently, there are ice ruts on my street much deeper than my Boxster's ground clearance.

R
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 7:46:29 pm
Only had one car with that snap crackle pop and it was the Veloce cams as they were of the racing variety and set on the edge by a racing mechanic in Newport RI. I got tired of the noise very soon and actually paid to have the stock cams installed. No change in the exhaust (Abarth).
Ed B - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 9:29:27 am
The 991S I had on a Porsche travel Club Tour in September had Sport Crono and Sport exhaust that would do that in Sport mode.

Ed B
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 9:57:43 am
Ed B
The 991S I had on a Porsche travel Club Tour in September had Sport Crono and Sport exhaust that would do that in Sport mode.

Ed B

I bet you had a GREAT time on that tour in September.

As far as I know all the new 981's and 991's are programmed to make that burbling sound on shifts/downshifts/deceleration. My 981S will do it with PSE set in normal mode. PSE turned on, enhances the sound. Sport mode kicks it up another notch.
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 10:47:23 am
Same with my 991 with 7MT and PSE thumbs up

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login