Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... this is a work of art!
It really is way more breathtaking in person!
Champion Porsche just received delivery of two 918s.
One belongs to a friend who will store it for now.
The second one is in the showroom floor with this impressive Werks CGT.

[i83.photobucket.com]

[i83.photobucket.com]

Good choice of car colors!

[i83.photobucket.com]

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
but I find it singularly unattractive.

IMNSHO the back end looks heavy, the side overly sculpted. I never liked the CGT either.

Maybe in person it looks different. I'll probably never see one considering there are to be only something like 300 for the US market.
that you may be the only one.

To me, it does look like a beautifully sculpted machine.

Still, it's not my cup of tea. I just couldn't see myself taking one of these for the drives that I do with my Boxster. I think that's true of most owners. That's way you see Carrera GT's, now 8 or 9 years old, with only a few thousand miles or less on them.
Re: I agree.
Dave In MD - 9 years ago
Just fixed the link. - Guenter

Guenter in Ontario
I just couldn't see myself taking one of these for the drives that I do with my Boxster. I think that's true of most owners. That's way you see Carrera GT's, now 8 or 9 years old, with only a few thousand miles or less on them.

Not all the CGTs were pampered. I used to see this one all the time in the summer driving around the neighborhood. He always flashed his lights and waved. It was just a beautiful car in so may ways. Haven't seen a 918 in person yet...

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2014 09:39AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
For those who can afford to own and drive them (and know HOW to drive them). the CGT is an awesome car. That, I would enjoy driving.

It's the 918 Spyder that I wouldn't enjoy driving. (I'm talking about driving as opposed to riding around in.) Yes. It's fast. From everything that I've read and seen in videos, it's just too much like an electronic video game. I just can't get into enjoying vehicles that only allows me to control steering, gas pedal and brakes with computers doing everything else. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the beauty of its looks as piece of automotive art. It's also fantastic engineering to get all the electric motors and the gas powered motor running in sync. It's an awesome sounding machine (when the gas powered motor is providing the motive power). Just the driving involvement experience would leave me cold.
I was lucky enough to drive all over France and Germany with a fellow who had just taken delivery of one (I was driving a 911c4s). Never got to drive it but did get to sit in it. Beautiful car (as was his girlfriend).! I do have a 1/18th model of one, though. About as close I will ever get to owming one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login