Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Eleventh character in the Porsche VIN tells where it was built:
"S" built in Zuffenhausen (Stuttgart)
"K" built in Osnabruck (former Karmann factory)

My Boxster 981S was built in Stuttgart
that furry vermin that mispredicts the coming of Spring every year. grinning smiley

Yup. Most 986's and 987's where built in Uusikaupunki. (Not sure if they have a vermin named Phil there.)
Deleted *NM*
Laz - 8 years ago
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2015 01:18PM by Laz. (view changes)
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Not as much as you would think, G-man.

BTW, that took you an unusually long time to research. winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
Not as much as you would think, G-man.

BTW, that took you an unusually long time to research. winking smiley

I see your point. Aside from bending the flat six into a V, add a turbo and moving it to the front of the vehicle, add 2 more doors and another row of seats, raise the whole vehicle a tad or so. Guess it must just be my keen eye that notices the subtle differences.

Nope. No time for research. Just had little time to get near a computer over the weekend.
Drive it amigo, drive it!

A practical Porsche for all purposes and all seasons may be a bit foreign to someone who keeps his Porsche in a bubble half the year, and spends 90% of his time the other six months detailing it.....not that that's a bad thing. winking smiley

Plus, I've noticed you're just a bit slower getting into and out of your Boxster. Just drive the Macan....as even you have said, it about the ride and the people more than the shine. drinking smiley

Gary in SoFL
Drive it amigo, drive it!

A practical Porsche for all purposes and all seasons may be a bit foreign to someone who keeps his Porsche in a bubble half the year, and spends 90% of his time the other six months detailing it.....not that that's a bad thing. winking smiley

Plus, I've noticed you're just a bit slower getting into and out of your Boxster. Just drive the Macan....as even you have said, it about the ride and the people more than the shine. drinking smiley

Gosh. It's a good thing I don't drive my car all year like you do. According to your "observations" I only drive my car about 2.5 weeks a year. At least I enjoy that 11K miles each year. Somehow, though, that 2.5 weeks seems a lot longer to me.
LOL....
Gary in SoFL - 8 years ago
Drive, stop, egress, clean wheels, drive, stop egress, buff nose, drive, stop, egress, shine sides, drive, stop, egress, take picture...........

It ALL counts for the 90% detailing winking smiley

You would get much more utility, year round, driving a Porsche produced in Leipzig. hot smiley

Gary in SoFL
Drive, stop, egress, clean wheels, drive, stop egress, buff nose, drive, stop, egress, shine sides, drive, stop, egress, take picture...........

It ALL counts for the 90% detailing winking smiley

You would get much more utility, year round, driving a Porsche produced in Leipzig. hot smiley

Not sure who your PI is that's reporting this to you. Certainly not worth the $0.25 / hr you're paying him/her.

True that I might get a bit more utility out of a Leipzig built car or utility vehicle, but I don't need another utility vehicle. I want a sports car that's fun in the sun to drive in the twisties. Since I can pack enough into the Boxster for 2 week trips, that gives me exactly what I want. No need to compromise.
Why not get both!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
Why not get both!

I do have both. BMW wagon - sportier and more utilitarian than an SUV. Only problem with station wagons is they didn't call them SUV's. Then everybody would want one. And, I have the Boxster.
Re: LOL....
Gary in SoFL - 8 years ago
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
Why not get both!

Stubborn and a river in Egypt.....denial. winking smiley

SciGuy in MI
Stuttgart

Boxster or Cayman?
Guenter in Ontario
SciGuy in MI
Stuttgart

Boxster or Cayman?
'14 Boxster S
Both of mine were built in Finland. Not sure if there's any special significance to this, lol. But both cars are an absolute pleasure to drive. smiling smiley

'00 Boxster S = U(usikaupunki)
'12 Cayman R = U(usikaupunki)

Regards, -Rick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2015 10:11PM by Rick J (Nashville, TN). (view changes)
Rick J (Nashville, TN)
But both cars are an absolute pleasure to drive. smiling smiley

'00 Boxster S = U(usikaupunki)
'12 Cayman R = U(usikaupunki)

Regards, -Rick.

Loving a CR is very easy to do with the benefit of also holding it's value. It makes a great track car. My CS was built in Osnabruck (former Karmann factory).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2015 10:27AM by Harvey in FL. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login