Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
If any of you has seen Amaranth Red in the flesh, I'm very interested in your impressions.

I've viewed about a thousand images online, which have been enough to tell me it's maybe, just maybe, a coral red, but, really, the photos cover a wide spectrum, so to speak.

The Boxster, it looks metallic and more candy apple the coral. Porsche, and their ever-changing colors depending on lighting.
My amaranth red '14 Boxster S looks very much like the one in the photo you attached (with the exceptions that mine has a brown roof and Boxster S wheels). Amaranth is a brownish shade of red, almost like terracotta. I could tell you that it's very striking, but color is entirely subjective. I *can* tell you that it garners a great deal of positive attention.
SciGuy in MI
My amaranth red '14 Boxster S looks very much like the one in the photo you attached (with the exceptions that mine has a brown roof and Boxster S wheels). Amaranth is a brownish shade of red, almost like terracotta. I could tell you that it's very striking, but color is entirely subjective. I *can* tell you that it garners a great deal of positive attention.

+1; saw one in dealer earlier in the year and thought it looked good; as the OP said--a hint of brown that makes it look very distictive.
Like SciGuy's car, my Amaranth Red '14 Boxster S also looks very much like the one in the photo you attached (with the exception that mine has Boxster S wheels). And my car also garners a great deal of positive attention. I really don't understand why Porsche discontinued the color after the 2014 model year. Does anyone here know?
Thanks, guys
Roger987 - 8 years ago
I appreciate your replies.

You may have guessed this is more than an idle curiosity on my part. winking smiley

I spoke with a dealer about the discontinuance of Amaranth. He said Porsche likes to change-up colour options - it isn't a reflection of popularity, or lack thereof. Rather, by changing some colours each year, a certain level of exclusivity is maintained. He remarked that the very handsome, and well-received anthracite brown has also been discontinued. He anticipates both will return.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login