Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
If any of you has seen Amaranth Red in the flesh, I'm very interested in your impressions.

I've viewed about a thousand images online, which have been enough to tell me it's maybe, just maybe, a coral red, but, really, the photos cover a wide spectrum, so to speak.

The Boxster, it looks metallic and more candy apple the coral. Porsche, and their ever-changing colors depending on lighting.
My amaranth red '14 Boxster S looks very much like the one in the photo you attached (with the exceptions that mine has a brown roof and Boxster S wheels). Amaranth is a brownish shade of red, almost like terracotta. I could tell you that it's very striking, but color is entirely subjective. I *can* tell you that it garners a great deal of positive attention.
SciGuy in MI
My amaranth red '14 Boxster S looks very much like the one in the photo you attached (with the exceptions that mine has a brown roof and Boxster S wheels). Amaranth is a brownish shade of red, almost like terracotta. I could tell you that it's very striking, but color is entirely subjective. I *can* tell you that it garners a great deal of positive attention.

+1; saw one in dealer earlier in the year and thought it looked good; as the OP said--a hint of brown that makes it look very distictive.
Like SciGuy's car, my Amaranth Red '14 Boxster S also looks very much like the one in the photo you attached (with the exception that mine has Boxster S wheels). And my car also garners a great deal of positive attention. I really don't understand why Porsche discontinued the color after the 2014 model year. Does anyone here know?
Thanks, guys
Roger987 - 8 years ago
I appreciate your replies.

You may have guessed this is more than an idle curiosity on my part. winking smiley

I spoke with a dealer about the discontinuance of Amaranth. He said Porsche likes to change-up colour options - it isn't a reflection of popularity, or lack thereof. Rather, by changing some colours each year, a certain level of exclusivity is maintained. He remarked that the very handsome, and well-received anthracite brown has also been discontinued. He anticipates both will return.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login