Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Several members live within 20 miles of this piece of highway , The 401 is one of the busiest truck routes in north America .Please be advised the language gets really salty [www.youtube.com]
Holy smokes, but it does make me think
Michael SYS Driver - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 9:56:24 am
How lucky or unlucky was it that they were filming and passing that spot at exactly that time... hmmm They are very lucky if it is true though
Looks similar to what happened here, except it was a car instead of an 18 wheeler. Guy drifted off onto the right shoulder, then lost control - probably over correcting while hanging up his cell phone. Then skidded across both lanes and across the median. I was able to accellerate just past it and got away with just a couple of stone chips. Makes you appreciate those median barriers.

Tired and/or distracted drivers. They're a menace on the road.
You said it. Just this past weekend, I had my whole family in the SUV and while driving down the street, a lady in a Jaguar almost hit me head on because she was talking on her cell phone. I had to move to the lane to my right just to avoid her! Really got my blood boiling.
Credit that driver with some quick reflexes and
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 11:44:48 am
a perfect example of why it's critical to keep escape space in the lanes next to you whenever possible.
Medians.
ff42racer - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 11:50:17 am
Many years ago a friend was on his way to work and fell asleep at the wheel. His car rolled up the center median when he woke up his car was upside down headed for the ground and rolled several times. He walked away. Car done.
I am looking at the 401...
Ollie - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 6:05:53 pm
From my hotel room in Cambridge Ontario right now... guess I will keep a eyes open tomorrow when I leave here.

Problem is the Wrangler does not handle the same as the Boxster in these situations!!!!

WOW
it looked like the truck was pushing a car over the divider!
frogster - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 7:57:32 pm
that was nasty. holy smokes.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
WOW! Notice that the truck driver was paying attention. He reacted before anybody else did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login