Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I thought I would break this out into a new thread.

My $16 ODB2 reader won't clear airbag light errors on my 2000 base 986.

What's the cheapest ODB2 reader which will clear these errors from the Boxster? I'm never going to be doing actual engine work, so I really don't need to know that valve 6 of the flux capacitor is running out of spec (a flashing CEL will tell me that).
the Autel 629 seems to fit the bill at $97, but I'm hoping for 1/2 that on something I'll use twice in the next decade.

Andrew
There aren't that many that can clear airbag or seatbelt warning lights.
Certainly not the $40 ones.
There are many that advertise they clear them and really don't.
Be cautious because if you get a cheapo reader that writes code it can screw up the whole system.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks for the response.

The Autel MD802 and AL629 both (supposedly) work according to other posts elsewhere.

I'm just not crazy about paying $100 for a (hopefully) 1 use device. It's like buying a specialized egg poaching pan for the one time your third cousin is coming over when everyone in the immediate family has an egg allergy. That's a joking analogy. I poach my eggs the old fashioned way in a pot with 4 inches of water and a shot of white vinegar!

Andrew
I have found having a good reader is a good investment, one that can not only read & manage codes on one's Boxster, but also on other vehicles as well. Such a reader will be used & appreciated more than once.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login