Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
If I recall, you've mentioned numerous road trips to visit family near Joplin. I hope they are all safe as well as other MO area boarders. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Amen! *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 25 May, 2011, at 10:06:42 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Be vigilant for crosswinds.
Laz - Wednesday, 25 May, 2011, at 1:59:41 pm
For Porsches, you know how far forward the aerodynamic center of pressure is versus the mass.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Thank you for your concern. One ...
MarcW - Wednesday, 25 May, 2011, at 3:59:23 pm
One family member who lives in Joplin (a distant relative yet one still of course cherished is ok. The 'family' home (no longer owned by any one in our family) in Joplin was spared being located a bit north and west -- by just a few city blocks -- of the tornado's track. But a few blocks is a good as a mile when it comes to tornadoes.

My parents were not at risk for they live 160 miles north by northeast of Joplin. Though of course with more storms and severe weather forecast for the general area there's alway some risk. But they are experienced mid-westerners and the house in which they live is quite well built and has a safe basement and both mom and dad monitor the weather very carefully when severe weather is forecast.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Re: Thank you for your concern. One ...
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Wednesday, 25 May, 2011, at 4:26:49 pm
Good to hear, those pictures are just horrendous. A basement certainly seems like a "must-have" in that area of the country.
I was right there.
gregsterInMO - Wednesday, 25 May, 2011, at 5:01:38 pm
Two days before the storm hit Joplin, at the Hospital (working). It is unbelievable to see it now on T.V. after just being there.

I have many friends and co-workers in Joplin and so far...all are safe. Many have lost homes, property, cars etc...can be replaced. So sad for the ones not as fortunate.

PS: I live in Springfield. About 70 miles east of Joplin.
They were out of town.

About 20 miles south of Sedalia in Colecamp.

Buying medicine for my mom.

Dad said a funnel cloud was sighted while they were in Colecamp and touched down but did little damage.

Highway 65 was shut down so dad had to detour over to Lincoln and then by back roads to highway B to make it back home.

The storm's path missed my parent's house by not many blocks. A large lumber store (Sutherlands Lumber Co) was damaged. From the pics I saw it was knocked flat.

Anyhow, the storm track went south of their house (they live on the southwest side of town) but not as far south as the storm track.

Oh I just heard about this today, just a few minutes ago. Our in-house meterologist came across 'Sedalia' in the storm reports and it rang a bell and it was he that brought the fact a tornado had gone through Sedalia yesterday. I never heard one peep from my folks. I called and spoke with dad just a few minutes ago.

Sincerely,

MarcW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 10:07PM by MarcW. (view changes)
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login