Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Interesting study....are we like peacocks?
newt - Thursday, 16 June, 2011, at 3:57:01 pm
[www.foxnews.com]

Researchers at Rice, University of Texas at San Antonio and the University of Minnesota looked into the question whether a man with a Porsche is more attractive to women than a man with lesser car like a Honda Civic (they compare it to a peacock with an extraordinary tail who might be more likely to hook up with a peahen).

Read more: [www.foxnews.com]

(Edit by Moderator) I just paraphrased it for you, Newt. We have to be careful not to copy and paste even parts of articles due to copyright laws.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 09:06AM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
Re: Interesting study....are we like peacocks?
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 16 June, 2011, at 4:51:15 pm
I guess they should also do a study on guys who drive Caddy Escalades with golf clubs in the back. winking smiley
So, all PB members are clearly...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 16 June, 2011, at 6:16:06 pm
... short-term committed, wasteful-spending show-offs who drive a car that serves no practical function.
I'm willing to wager that the honorable professors at Rice, UT San Antonio and UM who ran these studies all drive Prius winking smiley

I think I'll go for a drive and show off my tail feathers.

[www.itsnature.org]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: So, all PB members are clearly...
newt - Thursday, 16 June, 2011, at 9:44:41 pm
Allright Pedro...most likely very true about the Prius' ......enjoy your drive and watch out for the ladies tongue sticking out smiley
Re: So, all PB members are clearly...
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 16 June, 2011, at 10:18:22 pm
newt
Allright Pedro...most likely very true about the Prius' ......enjoy your drive and watch out for the ladies tongue sticking out smiley

Don't worry. Pedro will be watching. winking smiley
Re: Interesting study....are we like peacocks?
frogster - Thursday, 16 June, 2011, at 11:33:00 pm
"whether a man with a Porsche is more attractive to women than a man with lesser car like a Honda Civic"
From my experience, I've met women who have been, ahem, "aroused" by my nice car to the point of inviting me up for a "drink."
On the other hand, I've had women tell me that they would never get in that "thing" because it was too much.
I believe that it is clear that some women are turned on by nice cars and some women are turned off by the same. Some women will think a guy in an old beat up car is sexy and others not. Everyone is different and one can't generalize.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Strut your stuff, guys! *NM*
MikenOH - Friday, 17 June, 2011, at 8:26:43 am
Hall Pass? winking smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 17 June, 2011, at 4:17:31 pm
It's not the car, guys......really. *NM*
JiminAZ - Friday, 17 June, 2011, at 10:15:45 pm
Notice I said "owners" and "drivers."
you're car girls, no one is aloud to do cheesy studies about women winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login