Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I really like the livery ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 1:32:58 pm
... but I'm not crazy about the concept sad smiley

[i83.photobucket.com]

Is Porsche taking my design cues, again? winking smiley

[i83.photobucket.com]

[i83.photobucket.com]

[www.porsche.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Reminds me of...
Laz - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 1:46:42 pm
Re: I really like the livery ...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 3:15:42 pm
I wonder what the recharge time is. With a range of 170 km (a little over 100 miles) under ideal conditions, the trip could take a while for those of us with an 800 mile trip each way to BRBS. Even worse, you can't just drive until battery needs recharging since they don't conveniently place gas ...er electric stations 100 miles apart, so you'd probably have to recharge every 60 or 70 miles

Of course, there are those who don't drive these cars under ideal conditions. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 04:14PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Re: I really like the livery ...
db997S - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 4:25:49 pm
Telsa, Volt, Leaf, etc. are getting somewhat negative press because they seem to be way too optomistic on their distance claims. Like with MPG, it all depends on driving habits and in these cases, other electrical systems in use (A/C, heat, radio, nav system, bluetooth, etc.). I know when I do a roadtrip if I speed with the top down, I can get in the low 20s, upper teens with my 997S. With the top up, windows closed and speeds less than 80, I can get almost 28 mpg. Big diff, but with my car, I just stop and refuel. With the electrics, unless you have the 220 volt charging station, it'll take a heck of a long time to charge it off a regular house-hold plug. I think even with the 220 volt charging station the time can be a couple or three hours vs more than 8 for a house plug.
Great livery steal
TheFarmer - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 9:04:55 pm
I can see the heritage! We all have to lead the way toward a new aesthetic!

On the other hand, I can't wait for the concept. If anyone is going to do electric right, I will expect Porsche to be at the head of the class, and the Boxster to be the best bet for development (but can I get on the waiting list for a 551E?)

Just remember - no IMS, no DFI, no HPFP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 09:05PM by TheFarmer. (view changes)
... No sound ... No smell sad smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 28 July, 2011, at 7:48:06 am
Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Just think of the magnificent sound one of these at each wheel would make.

LOL grinning smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 28 July, 2011, at 6:20:29 pm
Pedro Bonilla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login