Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Friday Scan day - Boxsters near water.
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 12:08:50 pm
The CURVEN8R at Niagara On The Lake with the Niagara River in the background.

...Since I don't have any of Colby2 by water, I'll post one of the first pics of Colby!

EDIT: I should say this is Colby overlooking Lake Travis in Austin, TX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2012 12:38PM by MattTheCarNut. (view changes)
measly 1200 miles you so you've put on in 4 weeks. grinning smiley
Re: Friday Scan day - Boxsters near water.
db997S - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 12:58:22 pm
I don't take many pictures of my car, so this is the closest I could get to it by water, well, it's really not accurate to say water cooled, but since that is the common term:

jwdbox - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 1:17:00 pm
Not that easy to do here in the desert...I could have sworn that there was water around here some where. SilverBox under water sea-level:

cool smiley
CarreraLicious - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 7:41:54 pm
No water, but took this today...
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 7:44:56 pm
Very nice! I bet that beats the valet parking you used to have at your old digs.
CarreraLicious - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 7:59:51 pm
Haha. Thx Guenter...yep, no more worries of bumper damage from those valets in NYC, but now I gotta shovel snow in the winter to clear the driveway. grinning smiley
Very nice Rich, glad to see she still looks so nice...
986rgt - Friday, 31 August, 2012, at 8:48:47 pm
Here's mine, loving that GT3 seat...

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Thx Steve. Your box is still looking great, and I love GT3 seats. Glad you're still enjoying yours.
Re: And Now For Something Completely Different (Trivia)
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 1 September, 2012, at 10:58:47 am
Nice to see a Friday Scan Day posted on Friday. smileys with beer

For those who want a German car but have never been able to afford one, you too can now own a piece of German technology for the measly price of $2000. Here is one such example I saw driving the streets of Chippewa Lake in Medina County yesterday. I again apologize for the overly-large, iPhone pics.

The "car" is street legal in this community; is battery-powered and a charge lasts for a full week of local driving; and according to the owner, even has air conditioning. The torque and top speed is somewhat limited. Please make note of the deluxe horn.

But how can this Mercedes golf cart operate legally? Read on, McDuff.

In Ohio, there were three and now are four communities the state allows golf carts to freely roam the streets. The carts need to have the same lights, title, license plates, etc as cars, and have to be inspected and approved by the local police. Once approved, any licensed driver may operate them in that particular municipality. Historically, those three communities have been Chippewa Lake, Gloria Glens (next door to Chip Lake), and South Bass Island (aka Put-in-Bay). Rittman in Wayne County just approved them for use, also.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 11:01AM by KevinR-MedinaOhio. (view changes)
Re: Friday Scan day
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 1 September, 2012, at 11:25:00 am
I drive the car to and from work each day and park it inside a fence, so no one messes with it. I use my cockpit cover, which is wind and waterproof, and saves wear-and-tear on the top. It was an excellent $140 investment.

And here is a shot taken at the end of our driveway as I left for an evening drive.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
tonneau tops
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Sunday, 2 September, 2012, at 7:46:08 am
Wonder how come they don't make tonneau tops for roadsters anymore?

They seemed to have fallen into disfavor with the "death" of the British sports cars.

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
In North Carolina, there are gated communities where the roads are all private. We use our golf car (not cart, that is something you push or tow your clubs/bag with) for social visiting all the time. No requirement for lights, seat belts, turn signals or plates. But interestingly, insurance doesn't cover any accidents while you are on these privately owned (home Owners Association) roads. The downside, since the cars have to share the roads is all roads in the community have 25 MPH speed limits which are really not enforced. The accidents are from failure to pay attention.

95% are electric. Replace batteries, $685 every 4 years or so.
mcomet_CA - Saturday, 1 September, 2012, at 12:33:53 pm
This was back in June not too long after I got it... I know I need bumperettes painted...
San Pablo Reservoir in northern california...

Too bad it's not Bugattis near water
Boxsterra - Monday, 3 September, 2012, at 3:00:49 pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2012 03:01PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
Re: Too bad it's not Bugattis near water
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Monday, 3 September, 2012, at 5:01:03 pm
The caption for that picture should be:

Tow truck driver thinking to himself as he wades thru the water, "I can't decide whether to wrap this tow cable around the moron driver's neck or attach it to the wing. Both might teach him a lesson--but I doubt it."

Re: Too bad it's not Bugattis near water
goldened - Monday, 3 September, 2012, at 8:37:31 pm
My friend took a picture of this Bugatti going down the road that morning then it was on the news that the driver was avoiding a bird and drove off into the marsh near Galveston Texas. Till cell video surfaced of the guy driving right off into the marsh "no bird". Later becomes known that insurance fraud is involved. The guy apparently "restores" high end cars.
Smart and Rich are not the same thing! *NM*
IFlyLow - Tuesday, 4 September, 2012, at 7:45:26 am
That would be in water, not near water. winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 3 September, 2012, at 10:33:28 pm
You just never know when someone with a camera is around these days.

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login