Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It's that Number 1 status. *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 1:13:12 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: NBC: I lost all respect for Sebastian Vettel today
jpv42 - Sunday, 24 March, 2013, at 6:08:51 pm
Helmut Marko will protect his boy at all cost.
MikenOH - Sunday, 24 March, 2013, at 8:44:15 pm
So much for teamwork; I guess Vettel feels he doesn't have to answer to anyone.
New sticker for Vettel's car:
jg wnc - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 10:29:58 am
EricG - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 2:25:19 pm
I'm curious to know what caused your lost of respect. His driving or his attitude and post race comments.

About his driving, the way I saw it, he was the fastest and told the team he was. He tried to overtake on a very traditional part of the track (straight with DRS support), but was roughly push to the right by Webber.

I agree to a few facts in this case:
1- team mate should compete at all time and Vettel's effort were legit.
2- Webber is allowed to defend, but I think he pushed it to far right and made the situation dangerous.

After that, we witness a pure blooded F1 driver that felt it was open season for overtaking after what his team mate did.

As for post race comments, I think they were both cry babies.

All in all, it made for good racing, nothing more in my book.

Looking forward to hear your point of vue,

Respecfully !

an F1 fan.
There was concern by the team that the tires might not hold up for the remaining laps if they were pushed - specifically they were afraid of what happend to Hamilton in Free Practice with his tire delaminating after he pushed it too hard.

Also the drivers had been told to turn back engine performance in order to reduce the stress on the engines and to save them for the next race. Weber dialed his engine back as instructed - Vettel didn't. From the team's prespective, at that point the race was over and they needed to get both cars home with maximum points.

To your point #1 - not valid as the team had told Vettel to hold position
Point #2 - Agree. There is also some fallout between them from Brazil last year when Weber made it very hard for Vettel to pass in order to win the championship.

There is an interesting analysis on Planet F1 where Mercedes did exactly the same thing when Rosberg wanted to pass Hamilton, but Ross Brawn got on the radio and told him to hold position - which he did. The implication is that Brawn has a much stronger pull on his drivers than Horner does with Red Bull.

Lots of drama in yesterday's race - and some very entertaining racing too!
Obviously you have read more about it or got more information from your broadcast...

The part that tickles me is 2 of your statements:

Also the drivers had been told to turn back engine performance in order to reduce the stress on the engines and to save them for the next race. Weber dialed his engine back as instructed - Vettel didn't.

I can't argue if Vettel did or not, but even if I understand that they must live with the limited amount of engine for the season,it saddens me that they must do that to the expense of the competition.

From the team's prespective, at that point the race was over and they needed to get both cars home with maximum points.

At the beginning of the season, I think they should let them battle it out. Though they have 2 drivers per team, F1 racing remains an individual event. Please let's not bring back the Schumacher era with a Baricello puppet ! winking smiley

Happy racing !
MikenOH - Monday, 25 March, 2013, at 6:10:11 pm
EricG
I'm curious to know what caused your lost of respect. His driving or his attitude and post race comments.

About his driving, the way I saw it, he was the fastest and told the team he was. He tried to overtake on a very traditional part of the track (straight with DRS support), but was roughly push to the right by Webber.

I agree to a few facts in this case:
1- team mate should compete at all time and Vettel's effort were legit.
2- Webber is allowed to defend, but I think he pushed it to far right and made the situation dangerous.

After that, we witness a pure blooded F1 driver that felt it was open season for overtaking after what his team mate did.

As for post race comments, I think they were both cry babies.

All in all, it made for good racing, nothing more in my book.

Looking forward to hear your point of vue,

Respecfully !

an F1 fan.

The main issue is when the team manager told Vettel to dial it back, he didn't--making it look like his win was more important than any other consideration for the team.

A former F1 drivers view of it:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

If he insists on flying solo, why have a team manager? Once your top driver stops listening to him, who else will?
newt - Wednesday, 27 March, 2013, at 7:32:25 pm
sorry, been away for a couple of days. Eric G your question was answered perfectly by others. Webber dialed his car back as instructed to perserve tires and (almost) guarantee Red Bull a 1-2 finish, Vettel wanted the win, so passed Webber when Webber was dialed down and when instructed not to do so. He could easily have crashed them both out of the race. Vettel is an amazingly talented driver but selfish in my opinion.

jg atl: Love the new sticker for his ride!
And now the rest of the story...... or not.......
jg wnc - Monday, 1 April, 2013, at 10:19:08 am
[planetf1.com]-

Interesting perspective!
Re: And now the rest of the story...... or not.......
newt - Monday, 1 April, 2013, at 7:42:04 pm
Interesting. The comments at the bottom of the article are also interesting. Some feel that the "multi 21" order was given to slow Webber down with the purposful intention to allow Vettel the opportunity to pass. I'm not so jaded as that but who knows.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login