Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Just some...
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 3:45:20 am
... new pics of the old girl. Did some detailing work on her this past weekend, and with all her regular internal maintenance done, she's looking and rolling as almost as good as new. (Now I'm just waiting for those pesky brake pads--and then once that's done, I'll bite the bullet and repaint the calipers.)

Just thought I'd share! :-)

Beautifully captured!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 7:59:27 am
... I love the first one.
That's a difficult picture to do.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Beautifully captured!...
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 12:51:20 pm
Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun with it... I washed it, clayed it, then busted out the Porter Cable random orbital and gave it a machine polish (using a very fine formula to gently polish out some light swirl marks). Then I gave it a machine wax with a high carnauba content formula.

Interior is next... I'm thinking Leatherique or Griot's leather rejuvenator on the dash, doors, and seats, and then I'll get the vinyl and rubber cleaner out for the rest of it..

Wheels I'm gonna tackle with clay, polish and wax when they're off for the brake job... If those damn pads ever show up! haha

Hmm... Maybe I should do e calipers while the wheels are off, too. I've been dreading that for years now, because if anyone can screw up a paint repair, it's me. (red battery tray project notwithstanding) haha
Very artistic and stunning condition.
grant - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 8:12:46 am
I am embarrassed.

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Thanks, Grant. It would not be nearly so without the generous help of the people in this forum, however--including you.

And I'm sure I'll have brake job/caliper paint questions over the weekend. Haha
Beautiful shots
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 8:56:48 am
Late day/ night shots are relatively rare.

Your car is a beauty. Like I've said before, the Boxster is such a timeless design. One looked after like yours, still looks like a car you might expect to see in a new car showroom today.

Thanks for sharing. You got my day off to a great start.
Breathtaking... *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 10:07:48 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Excellent shots of a beautiful car.
MikenOH - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 10:23:30 am
Love that shade.

Your front bumper cover-- where did you get it?
Interesting how a restyled bumper cover changes the look of the whole car. Reminds me of a 996 GT2.
Nose is a Caractere (out of Belgium)... The archives contain extensive commentary (from me) on what I went through to get it, the materials and who to buy from.
It was either on the Oakville grade run in Napa or the wine tour we did in the Santa Cruz mountains.
Good to see her looking better than new. Nice pictures and photography too.
Makes it hard to consider buying a new one eh?
Very nice! *NM*
DougW - Tuesday, 2 July, 2013, at 8:06:48 pm
Re: Just some...
Petee_C - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 12:06:05 am
Wow!

Love those.

P
Very nice! *NM*
bar10dah - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 7:30:14 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login