Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Thought you guys would want to know what happens when you move from a Boxster to a 911; well you lose your mind.

2009 C2S 86K miles

Drive in the rain....... someone on Rennlist posted a question "do you drive your Porsche in the rain?" ahahahahahh! God that was funny.

So. One of my hobbies is photography and shooting birds. To shoot 'em, you got to get to 'em. Where are they? In the salt marshes and wetlands of New Jersey. Yes, I take my C2S there, in the sand, gravel, and yes, occasional muck. Best to get into muck in the winter with my snow tires (never so much as spun a wheel... very much).

True story: A few weeks ago, I had my indy replace my trans oil and rear control arms. To do this, he put the car on the lift and proceeds to remove the under tray. I stood and watched. As he dropped the tray, the poor guy was pelted by an avalanche of white gravel, sand, and silt!!! I felt so sorry for the guy and I apologized up and down.

When he used is air gun to remove the wheel bolts, huge puffs of dust hit him in the face.

By the way, I change my air filters probably twice to three times a year...... when I run my finger over the paper fins, bigs poofs of white shoot out. I would like to see an improvement in our cars and that is they suck in dust way too much... not good.

Drive in the rain..... hahahahahahahah.......

Below are a few pics.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

TravelThroughPictures.com

The undertray...

The map.... no roads!!!!! (Bombay Hook DE)

Shot this gal two days ago there at Bombay Hook DE

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2015 08:50AM by Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S). (view changes)
Years ago, well before Porsche's every day engineering ad campaign, I went to a building supply place and put 40-50 pound bag of gravel in one trunk of my 986, and another big bag of sand in the other. A dump truck driver next to me looked on in amazement.
Great owl shot, actually. There have been barred owls in my neighborhood forever, but one night last year I heard what sounded like a crazed monkey in a tree just outside my house. Carefully I opened the door a poked out a flashlight. Turned out it was one of the barred owls. Check out the sounds at this link, especially the "Pair caterwauling."
[www.allaboutbirds.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2015 09:10AM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login